I've watched some great videos on Google Video in the last few days:
- "All Marketers are Liars" - Seth Godin speaks at Google
- Open Source Developers @ Google Speaker Series: Lessons From Advogato - Some very interesting insights on Trust Networks and specifically on Advogato, of course.
- The Paradox of Choice - Why More Is Less - An extremely counter-intuitive lecture on why more choices may make us more frustrated and depressed than ever and why 28% of Americans are willing to donate their organs when they die, versus to 90% of the Europeans.
- Sergey Brin Speaks with UC Berkeley Class
- Performance Tuning Best Practices for MySQL - I'm not sure that a pro DBA can learn much from this lecture, but I've certainly learned a lot and will probably revisit it sometimes.
- Change your Mind Change your Brain: The Inner Conditions for Authentic Happiness - It's a unique lesson from a Buddhist teacher on happines and it paints a stark contrast between our society's bullshit that's ought to make us happy versus real inner peace and joy.
- Aspect Oriented Programming: Radical Research in Modularity - AOP is an interesting concept and I think it may have its benefits in case of larger systems, but I'm not convinced that it's viable due to the increased complexity that it adds to the system.